Saturday, June 26, 2010

First things first.

I am incredibly blessed to be able to make a living doing what I love most: communicating life changing truth to all kinds of people. My ministry resume, however, includes lots of years of filling holes. Are you familiar? Hole-filling is the season of doing whatever needs to be done while you figure out what you would really like to do. For me, that meant spending time hugging babies in the nursery, cleaning the restrooms, folding bulletins and all manner of other odd jobs before I discovered and landed in what I think is my sweet spot. That season of learning and serving and searching and discovering was more important and invaluable than I can say.

So, for about eight years now, I have served as a teaching pastor at Westside Church. I teach in our weekend services, our college interns program, youth ministry, discipleship venues and anywhere else they need me to teach. I also speak at conferences outside our church and I love that part of my life as well. After years of maintaining a schedule of about 100 gigs annually, some of which were wildly successful and others I would love to have permanently expunged from my memory bank, I've learned a lot about what works and why.

But I haven't learned everything. Not by a long shot.

So, I decided to build a little cybercity where we could all gather our favorite resources, tips, tricks and new ideas for those who are working to powerfully communicate the outrageous love of our amazing God. So, whether you speak to 2 or 2000, I hope you find something here that excites and encourages you.

Good times ahead,

Bo

3 comments:

  1. HIP-HIP-HOORAY!!!!!!!!

    LOVE THIS! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are doing this! I just told my husband the other day that I wish I could follow you around and learn how to do what you do! :-)

    My passion is to be a woman after God's own heart and help others to do the same. I am still young and inexperienced, but I want to learn how I can better be used by God to show his love and share his message so we all can become all God intended.

    Thanks for being willing to share you knowledge and experience! Most of all, thanks for letting God use you to bring glory to Him!

    ReplyDelete